Forum

TOPIC: My Guitar Playing

My Guitar Playing 7 years 4 months ago #12963

• Passenger
  • Master Sargent
  • Thank you received: 15
Just thought I'd give you guys a look at my guitar playing if you're interested I know I've spoken to a few of you about it, let me know what you think.
Cheers and enjoy!

Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Passenger.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:My Guitaring :p 7 years 4 months ago #12965

• CrazyIvan1745
  • Master Sargent
  • Thank you received: 30
Very nice Stealth! Some parts could maybe use faster finger work I think it was the slides, but I'm no guitarist to know exactly what I'm talking about. Other than that I thought you did better than most cover's I've heard, timing was perfect for everything. Keep up the awesome work.

Now you just need to learn to do a Brian May solo and I'll be forever happy with your guitaring forever!

Re:My Guitaring :p 7 years 4 months ago #12973

• Passenger
  • Master Sargent
Thank you very much Ivan ;)
Yeah those slides at the end I made a mistake, I didn't play as well as usual (maybe because I knew it was recording) haha but yeah I agree just the slides. Appreciate the input mate.

I know how to play the Killer Queen solo if you'd like me to upload a cover of that for you, I should be able to get one up within a week or so, if you have any other requests or whatnot let me know, I'm always up for learning something new.

Re:My Guitaring :p 7 years 4 months ago #13066

• Passenger
  • Master Sargent
Hey guys, just got a new setup for better recording, comments much appreciated and I also made up (improvised) on the spot at the end instead of repeating the outro. Let us know what you think whether it be the difference in sound or playing from the last video.
Cheers,
Joel

Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Passenger.

Re:My Guitaring :p 7 years 4 months ago #13069

• CrazyIvan1745
  • Master Sargent
Nicely done, much better than the first one.

As for a suggestion on something you could learn is the second solo from "I Want It All" by queen.

This guy does it pretty good as an example.

Re:My Guitaring :p 7 years 4 months ago #13070

• Passenger
  • Master Sargent
Thank you very much Ivan.
I'll keep that one in mind thanks for the suggestion, quite a fast solo they take a bit longer for me to learn and at the moment I'm trying to get the sweet child of mine solo down but I'll get that killer queen solo up in a week or so for you and I'll give you a yell when it's up. I'll look into I want it all too though I don't mind that song.
I'm guessing one of your favorite bands are queen, is that your favorite song by em? McB loves queen :p

Re:My Guitaring :p 7 years 4 months ago #13071

• CrazyIvan1745
  • Master Sargent
Queen is definately one of my favorite bands if not my favorite. That isn't my favorite song by them, but I certainly love that solo. I've learned to sing to most Queen songs quite well, but I wouldn't post something like that on youtube since I'm not that kind of person. But yeah I also listen to bands like CCR a lot too. Modern music just isn't the same as it used to be.

Re:My Guitaring :p 7 years 4 months ago #13072

• Passenger
  • Master Sargent
Look hard enough, you will find some great modern bands, its just the mainstream shit that you hear about without having to look for it that brings down what we classify as "modern music" which sucks, I would love to be able to turn on any radio station and hear great new stuff but it's all the same crap, you know that RnB, Dance, rap and all the rest that they clasify as "music".
I'll look into uploading a CCR and Queen for you then, how does have you ever seen the rain on the acoustic and killer queen sound? :P
I also got another 2 up for ya to sink your teeth into, enjoy em ;)

Re:My Guitaring :p 7 years 4 months ago #13073

• McBastard
  • General
  • Thank you received: 84
Something to help you out with some of my favorites.

And then when you are ready....something simple to start with

Before you rag on the song listen to the guitar work, lots of speed changes and different styles. Something that could challenge yet not overly difficult.
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by McBastard.

Re:My Guitaring :p 7 years 4 months ago #13076

• CrazyIvan1745
  • Master Sargent
I'm not saying all modern music is bad. I'm just saying A lot of what people think is the greatest music ever now and days is in reality utterly horrible to my ears. When I'm modding and some kid asks me who Deep Purple is, I want to smack them silly. Especially when they start sending me links to songs that are obvious covers of classics, some of those covers have scarred me for life. For example Blink 182's cover of Love Roller Coaster originally by the Ohio Players... Who takes a fairly awesome song like that and makes it into some retarded rap sounding song? Then Metallica's cover of Blue Oyster Cult's Astronomy made me lose all respect for them. Metallica had some good older music but they need to just stop.
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds